EOUniverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EOUniverse Official Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Fansite for EOUniverse

Go down 
+2
Liam
Thingamajig
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Thingamajig

Thingamajig

A Fansite for EOUniverse Empty
PostSubject: A Fansite for EOUniverse   A Fansite for EOUniverse I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 1:19 am

OK, I was wondering if it would be possible for me to create a fansite for EOUniverse. I intend to add item stats and quest guides and item lists and where to get and what to craft (keeping out all secret/hidden ones) Chests, spawn items monster drops and everything miscellaneous.

So...yeah. I want to have your approval before I do such a thing.
Back to top Go down
Liam
Admin
Liam

PostSubject: Re: A Fansite for EOUniverse   A Fansite for EOUniverse I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 10:50 pm

That would be great. Do you need any files to get this started? Of you do contact me, I'll be glad to give you the information to make a fansite.
Back to top Go down
https://eouniverse.forumotion.com
Thingamajig

Thingamajig

PostSubject: Re: A Fansite for EOUniverse   A Fansite for EOUniverse I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 12:05 am

Thanks Very Happy . It's the first one I'm going to make so I'm not sure about files yet, I was in the middle of it and my Internet decided to not let the next step load because it's been real slow lately. In approximately 7 days I'll be able to access it again and edit and finish it off.

This is exciting, I'm gonna add a visit-counter and use EOU character sprites that have speech bubbles to help you navigate around the site and- *mindless ranting*.
Back to top Go down
Liam
Admin
Liam

PostSubject: Re: A Fansite for EOUniverse   A Fansite for EOUniverse I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:36 am

Thingamajig wrote:
Thanks Very Happy . It's the first one I'm going to make so I'm not sure about files yet, I was in the middle of it and my Internet decided to not let the next step load because it's been real slow lately. In approximately 7 days I'll be able to access it again and edit and finish it off.

This is exciting, I'm gonna add a visit-counter and use EOU character sprites that have speech bubbles to help you navigate around the site and- *mindless ranting*.

Sounds awesome, I'll make sure to put a direct to the site on the home page.
Back to top Go down
skellyman

PostSubject: Re: A Fansite for EOUniverse   A Fansite for EOUniverse I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:31 am

oh boy i cant wait Smile
Back to top Go down
Thingamajig

Thingamajig

PostSubject: Re: A Fansite for EOUniverse   A Fansite for EOUniverse I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 12:28 am

Wows, seeing someone looking forward to something I'm going to make is going to make me try even harder to make it the best fansite ever! Of course, I'm still literally like 5-10 minutes into this website business, and I'll be able to start in 3 days!

I'm not sure what files I need yet, but I'm certain that I'll need:

1. Images for all equipment and items in game. (maybe a few pre-release items to add on the sneak peak page?)
2. Monster statistics and item statistics. (I'll try to get as many of these as I can in-game, but I can't get my hands on all of them since I'm only level 75. (I'll have a list of what I've done in 3 days.)

Oh, and I'm thinking of creating a smaller version of the website packed into a neat little Microsoft Office Power Point file. Cool
Back to top Go down
Hiku

PostSubject: Re: A Fansite for EOUniverse   A Fansite for EOUniverse I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 8:47 pm

Thingamajig wrote:
Wows, seeing someone looking forward to something I'm going to make is going to make me try even harder to make it the best fansite ever! Of course, I'm still literally like 5-10 minutes into this website business, and I'll be able to start in 3 days!

I'm not sure what files I need yet, but I'm certain that I'll need:

1. Images for all equipment and items in game. (maybe a few pre-release items to add on the sneak peak page?)
2. Monster statistics and item statistics. (I'll try to get as many of these as I can in-game, but I can't get my hands on all of them since I'm only level 75. (I'll have a list of what I've done in 3 days.)

Oh, and I'm thinking of creating a smaller version of the website packed into a neat little Microsoft Office Power Point file. Cool

For the Monster & Item Stats, just download Editpub from my server, >>Click<<
Open up the Item pub file from inside your client, and use that. (same thing with NPC file.)

Also, I may be able to help with this in my spare time. I have a HTML editor that works very well, and i can do great things with it. So if you want me to help, just contact me someway. Alright?

~Hiku
Back to top Go down
Bloodrain

PostSubject: Re: A Fansite for EOUniverse   A Fansite for EOUniverse I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:13 pm

A lot of ppl asked me especially for a dropguide...we have much new items...all want to know where they can get em and from which monsters.

the players will love it and also the admins which r working on maps, codings and pixels.
this works keeps us very busy and it really would help all

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven a five star deluxe fanpage pls Very Happy Wink Exclamation study
Back to top Go down
Thingamajig

Thingamajig

PostSubject: Re: A Fansite for EOUniverse   A Fansite for EOUniverse I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 3:47 am

Eheheh, a bit of a problem. I'm an ultra newb to everything about EOU, and I need a bit of help on these, if anyone can assist me:

1. Moving Images:

I have Reshacker, I can see files, but how do I copy and paste them or move them into the website?

2. Editpub:

I don't think I know how to use this thing at all, could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
I tried placing it in the EOU folder, I tried extracting it, and then placing it into the EOU folder, I tried opening files while it wasn't extracted, but then it kept giving me a message saying that It can't open the file because it is either an unsupported file, or is damaged.

Wow I'm starting to worry I won't be able to even MAKE the website. No
Back to top Go down
Bloodrain

PostSubject: Re: A Fansite for EOUniverse   A Fansite for EOUniverse I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 3:14 am

Hm...i think u could ask hiku or liam they earlier said they would help if u got questions.
well i would explain u when my english in this part would be better Laughing !

i would say that u email with em...liams email adress u know and hiku u have to ask before...i cant give it out without asking Smile

im sorry and im sure they can help u with better english.....
for the stuff which will be added at site they would also help ....im sure....

dont give up...when i have something new at the computer i try since i got it and know how to handle it...i remeber akatsukirobes...i fixed them two times.... Shocked Suspect Laughing
or the big npc.....i went crazy.....but now its fine....
Smile comon u can do that Exclamation Exclamation

to put bmps from reshacker into a website u need to change it to jpeg or whatever the site needs...the right form/format
is important.
save the imgages on ur computer and rename them to jpeg or whatever u need. the size is also important.if u really dont know how to handle i could take a look at the webiste hoster and see which u choose...perhaps i can explain a bit.normally thats easier as to create a myspace blog or page...i made a lot for friends.just pm me here and i give u my emailadresse if its not in my profile here.

but u also should contact liam and hiku cuz u need informations bout the server like the drops, items and npcs and quests.
and as i said i can imagine that they also could help u a lot with making the site. i bet hiku and liam know more and can explain better.but i will try to help u.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Liam
Admin
Liam

PostSubject: Re: A Fansite for EOUniverse   A Fansite for EOUniverse I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 3:51 pm

Thingamajig wrote:
Eheheh, a bit of a problem. I'm an ultra newb to everything about EOU, and I need a bit of help on these, if anyone can assist me:

1. Moving Images:

I have Reshacker, I can see files, but how do I copy and paste them or move them into the website?

2. Editpub:

I don't think I know how to use this thing at all, could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
I tried placing it in the EOU folder, I tried extracting it, and then placing it into the EOU folder, I tried opening files while it wasn't extracted, but then it kept giving me a message saying that It can't open the file because it is either an unsupported file, or is damaged.

Wow I'm starting to worry I won't be able to even MAKE the website. No

To get all the images
1. open gfx 23
2. click on bitmaps
3. open one then right click then click save all resources
4. make sure to have a new folder otherwise u will have a bunch of imgs on ur desktop.

Editpub.
1. open it then click open
2. locate eouniverse folder probally in the default C:/program files/EOUniverse
3. find pub folder
4. click on EIF (endless item file)
5. open that then it should show all the items.

Drops
-They are in a all number file i can give to u but it only shows the npc id and the item id which it would take forever to get it all.
Back to top Go down
Thingamajig

Thingamajig

PostSubject: Re: A Fansite for EOUniverse   A Fansite for EOUniverse I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 2:50 am

Thanks for the info Liam! Now I've got images covered, but the same problem is occurring with editbup. This is what I am doing:

1. Open Editpub
2. open pub folder with Editpub.
3. Click on that bar at the bottom and change the viewed files to all files (otherwise I can't see anything)
4. Click on the .eif file.

After that the same message occurs saying that it is either incompatible or has been damaged, ie: sent through an e-mail attachment or was not properly coded.
Back to top Go down
Hiku

PostSubject: Re: A Fansite for EOUniverse   A Fansite for EOUniverse I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 3:20 pm

Theres nothing wrong with the link, you are just doing it wrong. Heres a guide (WITH PICTURES, OH ME GAWD!)

1.Open Editpub.
A Fansite for EOUniverse 5cj9j
2.Click File->Open and you should get this.
A Fansite for EOUniverse Dvh4ps
3.Then open up your EOUniverse folder - > "Pub" folder, and open THIS FILE.
A Fansite for EOUniverse Bcswn
4.And then it should look like this.
A Fansite for EOUniverse 105bqrk
I believe your opening a .edf A Fansite for EOUniverse 302ou4l (Endless Data file) Which Editpub does not open. You can delete those .edf A Fansite for EOUniverse 302ou4l files from your "Pub" Folder. They are not needed, as they are located in the "Data" Folder.

Hope this helped,

Hiku
Back to top Go down
Thingamajig

Thingamajig

PostSubject: Re: A Fansite for EOUniverse   A Fansite for EOUniverse I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 4:23 pm

Thanks Hiku, that was really helpful! But all I really needed was the first image. That was what the editpub looked like when I'd extracted it, and I thought that the extraction was the problem a while back (pretty stupid of me), but now I know that it was essential for me to view the items! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bloodrain

PostSubject: Re: A Fansite for EOUniverse   A Fansite for EOUniverse I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 7:20 pm

Razz
Back to top Go down
Liam
Admin
Liam

PostSubject: Re: A Fansite for EOUniverse   A Fansite for EOUniverse I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 10:40 pm

I have decided to take up the items (basicly because I am bored. Im a pro at this so ill have this done in like 1-5 days depending on how long i wanna take with it. Not really gonna be hard with dreamweaver XD.
Back to top Go down
xIFearlessIxx

PostSubject: Re: A Fansite for EOUniverse   A Fansite for EOUniverse I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 11:44 am

I could help with this.
Back to top Go down
Hiku

PostSubject: Re: A Fansite for EOUniverse   A Fansite for EOUniverse I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 2:48 pm

Tyson(Micro) Go away! I thought you left EO!
Back to top Go down
xIFearlessIxx

PostSubject: Re: A Fansite for EOUniverse   A Fansite for EOUniverse I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 4:17 pm

How do you know me? Who are you on EOSERV.
Back to top Go down
Thingamajig

Thingamajig

PostSubject: Re: A Fansite for EOUniverse   A Fansite for EOUniverse I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 12:53 am

Well.. it's kinda embarrassing (well very embarrassing) to say that the site isn't done yet. I had been experimenting and tinkering with it for the few days I had it and then the internet went all slow again for some reason I do not know. So it's coming back in 12 days... anyways I'll be sure to work ULTRA hard on it when I get it, this time I won't let everyone down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Fansite for EOUniverse   A Fansite for EOUniverse I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Fansite for EOUniverse
Page 1 of 1